October 5, 2021
Chigmamik’s Indigenous Engagement Committee created an educational video presentation, with drumming performances by the North Simcoe Youth Wellness Hub and Chigamik’s drumming circle.
The video can be found here: September 30th – National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (screencast-o-matic.com)
- Welcome video – Brian George, Traditional healing coordinator & practitioner, Chigamik
- Drum education & mourning song – Jamie Farquhar-Lockett – Peer support, NSYWH
- A call for action – Tonya Pinkney – Executive assistant, Chigamik
- How to Smudge – Cassandra Forget – Indigenous mental health counsellor student, Chigamik
- 215 song – Chigamik Drumming Circle
- Secret Path – Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund
*Thank you to our community for coming out and supporting us on this very important day.