March 17, 2020
CHIGAMIK’s top priority is the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff and community members. Below is a list of precautionary measures being taken by CHIGAMIK:
Effective March 18, 2020:
Chigamik Group Programs
- CHIGAMIK has cancelled all in-person group programs until further notice.
- The Quit Cafe will be dispensing NRT every Thursday at CHIGAMIK from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Chigamik Services Available
- Mental health and addiction counselling – All one-on-one mental health counselling appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing. To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner at CHIGAMIK to send a counselling referral on your behalf. You can also book your own appointment by calling Jeff Graham, Mental Health Intake Coordinator at: 705.527.4154 x206. For more information, click here.
- Dietitian – All dietitian appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- French Language Services Navigation – The French Language Services Navigator is currently accepting new clients and all appointments will be conducted via phone.
- Indigenous Perinatal Health Services – All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Midland Midwives By the Bay – The Midwives are currently accepting new clients and will conduct phone assessments up until 26 weeks pregnant. After 26 weeks, in-person appointments will be conducted but reduced in frequency. At home postpartum appointments will also be available.
- Traditional Healing – All appointments have been cancelled until further notice.
- Biidaaban Doula Collective – The Doulas are currently accepting new clients. Please click here to book an appointment.
- Miijim Market – Closed until further notice.
- Physiotherapy – All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
Primary Care Appointments
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
- All primary health care appointments will be scheduled via phone. Your health care provider will determine if you need a face-to-face appointment.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, you will be contacted by CHIGAMIK prior to your appointment to conduct phone screening (i.e. symptoms and travel history).
- All visitors will be screened on-site at the point of entry (i.e. symptoms and travel history).
- If you have an appointment scheduled at CHIGAMIK and have symptoms of COVID-19, please DO NOT COME TO CHIGAMIK and call the clinic at 705-527-4154 prior to your appointment.
Self Assessment Screening Tool
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.