January 11, 2022
Dear Chigamik Client / Partner
As cases of Omicron continue to rise in Canada and across the globe, we would like to provide you with an important update regarding our current COVID-19 protocols and the measures we’re taking to try to minimize the impacts on our day-to-day operations. As always, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff and community members. Our offices continue to remain open, however, we’ve taken measures to ensure that our staff work remotely whenever possible, and for those who need to be in our offices, work in a safe environment. Over the next few weeks, our goal is to continue to maintain a high level of service to our clients and community while minimizing the impacts of Omicron on our Centre.
- Chigamik has postponed all in-person group programs and has transitioned them to an online format until further notice. For a full list of free, community programs, click here.
- The Quit Cafe will continue to dispense NRT every Thursday at Chigamik from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- All Chigamik services are available however, there will be a reduction of in-person appointments during this time. For a full list of services available at Chigamik, please visit chigamik.ca.
PRIMARY CARE APPOINTMENTS
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
- All primary health care appointments will be scheduled via a virtual teleconferencing platform or phone. Your health care provider will determine if you need a face-to-face appointment.
- All visitors will be screened on-site at the point of entry (i.e. symptoms and travel history).
- If you have an appointment scheduled at Chigamik and have symptoms of COVID-19, please DO NOT COME TO CHIGAMIK and call the clinic at 705-527-4154 to inform reception of the change in your health.
COVID-19 VACCINATION CLINICS
Information regarding vaccine eligibility and where you can access Covid-19 vaccinations in and around our community can be found on the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website located here: https://www.simcoemuskokahealth.org/Topics/COVID-19/Vaccine-and-Immunization.
This is a stressful and challenging time for all of us as we care for the health and safety of our loved ones, friends, colleagues, neighbours and the vulnerable in our communities. We have an amazing team at Chigamik and we’re here to provide the best possible care and support to you and your family. We will continue to provide updates as circumstances change and as we receive up-to-date information.
We’re grateful for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Stay healthy and safe.
The Chigamik Team