Our Registered Dietitian works with individuals, groups and families to support healthy eating for a variety of dietary needs including chronic diseases, heart health, healthy weight, growth and development for children and other dietary requirements . Our Registered Dietitian will assess your nutritional status by looking at your diet and medical history, use science-based information to help you make and reach nutrition & lifestyle goals and meet with you to follow your progress.
Our Registered Dietitian can provide health education on a variety of topics, including:
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Stomach or bowel problems (e.g. irritable bowel syndrome, Celiac’s disease, and colitis)
- Kidney disease
- Food intolerances or allergies
- Vegetarian & vegan diets
- How to feed your baby, a picky eater or active teenager
- Pregnant or planning a pregnancy
Our dietitian service is available to registered clients of Chigamik. To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner at CSC Chigamik CHC to send a referral on your behalf or call Andrea Gillespie, Registered Dietitian, to schedule you an appointment at: 705.527.4154 x7235.