CSC CHIGAMIK CHC offers individual, couple and family counselling to children and adults at no cost. The purpose of counselling is to provide individuals with a confidential opportunity to explore personal, psychological, relational, and/or addiction-related issues. CHIGAMIK’s registered social workers and psychotherapists are trained to assess mental health and addiction problems and use different methods of therapy to address specific issues. Clients are provided up to 10 sessions at a time. These sessions may occur weekly or bi-weekly and are one-hour in length.
Registered clients of CHIGAMIK can access a variety of counselling services at no cost including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – a structured form of psychotherapy to help treat anxiety and/or depression.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) – used to help people recover from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and related conditions.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) – places focus on a person’s present and future circumstances and goals rather than past experiences.
- Sand Tray Therapy – an effective form of “play” therapy
- Transactional Analysis – designed to explore how an individual’s personality has been shaped by experiences – particularly those stemming from childhood.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) – a structured approach to couples’ therapy.
- Narrative Therapy – focuses on how the stories we develop about ourselves and carry with us throughout our lives affect our self-esteem, abilities, relationships, work etc.
- Motivational Interviewing – used to help an individual move away from a state of uncertainty towards making positive life decisions.
Non-registered clients of CHIGAMIK are able to access CBT and CPT counselling at no cost. Please click the links below for information on how non-registered clients can access these programs:
How to Book an Appointment
To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner at CSC CHIGAMIK CHC to send a counselling referral on your behalf. You can also book your own appointment by calling Jeff Graham, Mental Health – Intake Coordinator at: 705.527.4154 x206.
If you are in need of immediate help, call the Mental Health Crisis Line: 1.888.893.8333